Take a look at some of the stuff you'll find on HBD blogs, for example....
"(I exclude far-leftists because they really only discuss why America is horrible and why it should end.)"
"The left has been on a 50 year crusade against the natural family."
"Thus, infant formula allows liberals to once again subvert the natural order (though, as always, there are negative consequences) and the family which underpins our societal stability."
Now that's funny. Infant formula is liberal plot to undermine the family and consequently collapse western civilization. lulz.
"Yet the organized atheist community has a palpable leftism that parallels the religious edifices of modern liberalism."
"Basically, by rejecting traditional religion and then blaming religion for all the world's ills, atheist have no choice but to be leftists."
"The Liberal has the actual, and I might add divisive, position that people of European descent needs must be discriminated against."
"For example, the Liberals have the position that men should be discriminated against,..."
"Liberalism is not based in reason, but in selfish emotion."
"The formulation of America as a shining beacon doesn't sit well with the relativistic left who not only see America as a toxic force, but also avoid denigrating failed nation-states common in the (eternally) developing world."
"The formulation of America as a shining beacon doesn't sit well with the relativistic left who not only see America as a toxic force, but also avoid denigrating failed nation-states common in the (eternally) developing world."
Some of these statements you have to wonder if these people are intentionally being inflammatory or if they are actually thinking like this 24/7. I think it's more of a psychotic break from reality.
I mean if some HBDers want to behave like a pundit fine, but don't consider yourself serious then.
I mean if some HBDers want to behave like a pundit fine, but don't consider yourself serious then.
Here's another that's amusing...
"Turns out a girl who makes a show of being a role model for young girls is already riding the carousel barely out of 10th grade.
That would be the birth control Seasonique."
Yes, because everyone knows that it necessarily follows that if she's on birth control then she's promiscuous.
Another one that caught my eye, not necessarily a fallacy...
"While I've praised Miss Swift as a wholesome individual, it is not her personal actions that define my characterization."
lulz wut? Yeah, so it's not the individual behavior or characteristics of Swift, but instead her public persona that he praises. So I would say in this case it's incorrect to talk of her being a "wholesome individual" but instead it should be about her wholesome public persona.
facepalmintoOblivion.jpg
Nice site. I'm looking forward to reading more refutations of HBD tenets.
ReplyDelete